[Zope] Tutos

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 19:47:53 +0200

Oliver Marx wrote:
> My train of thought:
>
> Locomotive: SQL servers are designed for large datastructures.
>
> Wagon1: ZODB is not a *well known* player on that field.
>
> Wagon2: I have not looked/seen *any* documentation on how ZODB is designed.
>
> So I'm a little sceptic.
>
> \Oliver

Hi Oliver,

I've too thought about writing a frontend to the tutos database in zope.
Sadly I didn't have the time to even begin with something since then,
but I really like the idea.
My ideas were to completly use the database structure of tutos,
including users, but I haven't checked if this is viable.
In any case, what I have seen from the structure of tutos' tables, there
are a lot of references in there. This is one reason why I wouldn't want
to use the ZODB for storing the data. And it doesn't make sense IMO to
reinvent the wheel, again and again like the plethora of unfinished
groupware project for zope and elsewhere.

I even wrote an email to the author, and he quite liked the idea,
because he always had portability of the frontend in his mind.

Drop me an email about how you would like to go on about this, and I'll
see what I can do to help you.

cheers,
oliver