[Zope] Re: [Docutils-develop] ReStructuredText now in Zope

Andreas Jung Andreas Jung" <andreas@andreas-jung.com
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 15:31:03 +0200

This problem occurs when you try to convert non-ascii text
to unicode without specifying the used encoding. I have
not looked at the ReStructuredText product yet but there
should be some mechanism to specify the encoding for a text.

-aj
----- Original Message -----
From: "Maik Jablonski" <maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de>
To: "Richard Jones" <rjones@ekit-inc.com>; <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 13:18
Subject: Re: [Zope] Re: [Docutils-develop] ReStructuredText now in Zope

hi,

> If you're really keen to actually go with the html_with_references path -
> borrow the code from the ZReST.render() method and you'll have your text
> HTML conversion.

I've done that, but I got errors for "German Umlaute" [äöü]. Is this a
bug of the RestructuredTextParser or of your render-method?

Error Type: UnicodeError
Error Value: ASCII encoding error: ordinal not in range(128)

cheers, maik

--
Maik Jablonski                 __o
www.zfl.uni-bielefeld.de     _ \<_    Deutsche Zope User Group