[Zope] Sessions question

List Subscriber @ Neurobs list_subscriber@neurobs.com
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 01:29:09 -0700

oook. :) well since sessions know nothing about authentication,
therefore they dont know who created them and thus cant logout the user
who created them on expiry.

so then how would one go about checking inactivity on part of a user.
for e.g.

User logged in at t = 0 mins.
A cookie is set that records the login time.
user worked on the site and finished work at time t = x
at time t = x+20 user times out and user is logged out.

How do I implement the method that polls the system clock vs the cookie
set at logon vs last hit time (provided I record the last hit time too
(damn this is getting confusing!!!) )

Can it even be done or am I just being wishful ???

TIA
AM