[Zope] ParsedXML trouble

List Subscriber @ Neurobs list_subscriber@neurobs.com
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 04:09:39 -0700

Hi

I do have Zope the configuration you talk about:

Zope Version

(Zope 2.5.1 (binary release, python 2.1, linux2-x86), python 2.1.3, linux2)

Python Version

2.1.3 (#1, Apr 15 2002, 11:13:45) [GCC 2.7.2.3]

System Platform

linux2

When I tried to install ParsedXML with the python at:
INSTANCE_HOME/bin/python,

my setup.py failed at :
INSTANCE_HOME/lib/python2.1/config/makesetup

And I could not figure out where I was going wrong so then I followed
the install instructions and used /usr/bin/python1.5

Also I did install PyXML from PyXML-0.8-2.2.i386.rpm from PyXML project
page at Sourceforge. This I did before anything else and after
installation I tested it by doing a : import xml at the python command
prompt (python @ INSTANCE_HOME/bin) and I could do that without any errors.

So what did I miss??

Other than the Python C API mismatch error I dont see any problems
whatsoever?? But some messages in the lists suggests that it is a minor
warning and can be safely ignored....

And I still dont know what went wrong... :)

Any help would be great.

TIA
AM