[Zope] Zope on Windows, Apache on Linux ???

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@kostyrka.priv.at
16 Aug 2002 09:40:37 +0200

Am Mit, 2002-08-14 um 16.09 schrieb Tim Wilson:
> On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 08:57:10AM -0500, Mike Renfro wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 02:54:50PM +0200, Jaroslav Lukesh wrote:
> >
> > > It is possible to serve pages (no more than one hit per 3-10
> > > seconds) with that hardwares?
> >
> > Should be. I think years ago Apache could saturate a 10Mbit network
> > with a 486; yours should surely be capable of handling a few requests
> > per second.
>
> The problem will be with complex pages. You'll have to avoid doing
> complex ZCatalog queries, for example, on the homepage or that little
> 486 will be CPU bound. Relatively static pages should be OK. I know it's
> starting to get hard to find, but I'd recommend scrounging around for
> some more memory. You may have some other old machines lying around that
> you can pillage.
Well, this shouldn't be a problem. The orginal poster mentioned that he
intends to use the Linux 486 only as a reverse proxy, and this should be
ok.

Although look at http://www.apsis.ch/pound, this might be more
lightweigth.

Andreas