[Zope] Mod_Proxy

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:46:30 +0200

Paul T. McNally wrote:
> I have everything set so that I can pass requests for Zope from Apache
> and but am stuck here:
>
> "Now we add our inverse proxy directives, within the main <Directory>
> context:
>
> ProxyPass /Zope/ http://fightclub.org:8080/
> ProxyPassReverse /Zope/ http://fightclub.org:8080/"
>
> I am running apache 1.3.*. I don't know where in httpd.conf to place
> the appropriate line quoted above.What is confusing me is in the 'main'
> part, there are many sections labelled <Directory>.

This is more of a apache config question, and it seems you should really
read up on apache configuration in general and mod_proxy.
The <Directory> context is the context of a server "directory" IIRC,
that means <Directory "/foo"></Directory> describes everything which is
accessed vie http://yourserver/foo.

You can also put ProxyPass into a (virtual) server context.
This is all IIRC, so you really should consult the excellent docs for
apache.

cheers,
oliver