[Zope] [Mailman config] Including every message's URL?

Jean Jordaan jean@upfrontsystems.co.za
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 13:43:55 +0200

Tim Hicks wrote:
> Apparently it's not possible as
> Mailman doesn't talk directly to the archiving program (Pipermail?), which
> is what actually determines the url I think.

All might not be lost! Here's an URL for my previous message in the
thread:

http://news.gmane.org/article.php?group=gmane.comp.web.zope.general&id=%3C3D5CD133.3010706%40upfrontsystems.co.za%3E

I.e. call 'http://news.gmane.org/article.php'
with 'group=gmane.comp.web.<mailinglist id>'
and 'id=<Message-ID from the message headers>'
as arguments.

So per-message URLs can already be derived from message headers ..
in fact, you should also be able to get an NNTP URL (or whatever it's
called in that context) for reaching the message using a newsreader.
No I just have to figure out why nntp://news.gmane.org refuses to let
me connect ..

--
Jean Jordaan
Upfront Systems                         http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za