[Zope] Discussion Item

Ashish Gautam AshishG@lambenttek.com
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 15:27:22 +0530

Hello Everyone,

I want to make a community where users can post there views on a particular
topic.
For this i have extended Document and created MyDocument.
Every instance of MyDocument will be discussable.

Hence if i want to make community with topic Zope.org,i will create a
instance of MyDocument with ID as Zope.org and it will be discussable.
The topic will be created by users with 'Manager' Previleges.
Users will be able to post there views and comments.

But my additional requirement is that these posts by users must go through
the workflow specified for it.
Initially every post by an user was visible to other users.This was so
because in the DiscussionItem.py class 'review_state' was set to
'published'.
So any post by user will directly go to published state.

I changed 'review_state' to 'private' in DiscussionItem.py.
The result is that a user with previleges of 'Member' can post the views but
there is not link for 'Submit' in the action box for them.
On the other hand, a user with previleges of 'Manager' can post the views
and there IS a link for 'Submit' in the action box.

So my question now is,What are the changes that i need to make so that the
actions(Submit) are visible for a user(Member) for this item(Discussion)

My second question : is there anyother better way to create a community ?

Thanx in advance,
Ashish.