[Zope] Re: Zope 2.6 install problem __eprintf

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 10:21:47 +0200

Patrick Price writes:
 > Actually I read that __eprintf is from libgcc.a so I made sure to
 > compile both Python and Zope with gcc rather than the Solaris Forte
 > compiler.  Works good now as long as I don't try to migrate all my
 > Products to the new version.  What a nightmare!
Your other option is to compile everything (i.e. also "ExtensionClass.c")
with the Solaris Forte compiler...

It may also work when you link your modules (compiled with gcc)
together with "libgcc".

You must include "libgcc" when you link objects partially compiled
with "gcc" as the gcc compiler generates sometimes library calls
for constructs too complex to be efficiently inlined.

Dieter