[Zope] reliability?

3205 5361 1215 9784 3205 5361 1215 9784 <keo@goa.hu>
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 19:17:57 +0200

Hello zope,

  i have a problem :D i am making a site, and the customers started to
  make problems of zope.

  when we started, we agreed, i use what i want, but now they asked 10
  guys, and some of them didnt know about it, the others said its
  shit, and lets make php (lol).

  this isnt a really big problem, because i know they know nothing
  about it, so theres nothing we're talking about... i'm not so
  frightened.

  but i would need to calm the customers, they fear that zope wont be
  widely spread, they dont know what will happen in 2 or 3 years, and
  dont know if some other guy will be able to continue it, if
  something needs fixing. and, they also fear reliability, how zope is
  reliable? can someone post real world examples please?

  so ... in the past few years, i've done dozens of big php sites, and
  this was enough for me to hate it.

  how is zope's future looking like? how reliable is it on the long
  term, and what are the chances if an unpredicted error comes in?
  for example, after a kernel upgrade, anything.. or even after
  updating zope itself..
  (zope errors are a bit mystical for me, at least, in php, i know i
  figured out easily whats going on...)

  i'm halfway now, and i dont want to restart... and i dont want to
  write a single line of php anymore ;D

  thanks a lot,

don't believe everything you think