[Zope] Can I uze ZPT outside of Zope?

Richard Jones rjones@ekit-inc.com
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:56:13 +1000

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002 1:38 pm, Evan Simpson wrote:
> Richard Jones wrote:
> > Has anyone used PageTemplates sans ExtensionClass?
>
> The only thing I can remember depending on ExtensionClass (other than
> acquiring useful contexts) is the 'macros' collection.  It shouldn't be
> too hard to remove.

I'm working through it all - there's a few other places where Acquisition is
used (hello, restrictedTraverse ;) but I'm not sure how many of those are
actually used if "import Zope" fails. Also, there's an "import zLOG" in TAL
which I have to look into. Anyway, once I've got it really working sans Zope
_and_ ExtensionClass/Acquisition, I'll everyone know what needs doing.

   Richard