[Zope] problems with ws-ftp, firewall and zope web sever.

David Elfstrom elfstrom@sten.sunnybrook.utoronto.ca
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 17:53:17 -0400

--=======3A2A4EBA=======

Was Zope running with the -D command switch? Look in z2.py. Remove the -D
and try again.

I have found that if -D (debug) is set, I can crash Zope by trying to FTP
into it.

This is apparently because the debug mode wants to print out messages to
the console of the user who started it.

David

]At 02:12 PM 8/19/2002 -0400, Jianping Zhu wrote:
>I was trying to ftp files to the zope web sever in my redhat linux sever.
>zope ftp uses port 8021 so  After open ws_ftp, I clicked connected, in the
>session property/advaced i
>  set the remote port number to 8021.network timeout to 60. in
>  session property/General I set host name to my
>  linux sever name which the zope websever reside in, I put the root
>  manager name of zope website in the field of UserID and password and
>  cliked ok
>it gives info as following:
>  connecting to 128.192.47.24:34864
>  200 port command successfully.
>  LIST
>  150 opening ascii node data connection for the list
>  !timer cancelled blocking call
>  !accept error: blocking call cancelled
>  !Retrieve of folder list failed (O)

---
  David Elfstrom, P.Eng   elfstrom@sten.sunnybrook.utoronto.ca
  Systems Engineer, Research Computing
  Sunnybrook & Women's College Health Sciences Centre
  Rm#S6-20, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Canada  M4N 3M5
  phone: 416-480-6100 x3416    fax: 416-480-5714

---