[Zope] dtml-tree problems

AM list_subscriber@neurobs.com
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 03:14:08 -0700

If you look at the
INSTANCE_HOME/lib/python/TreeDisplay/TreeTag.py:rendertpTable or
something like that) function you will see that the tree table itself
renders a (HTML)table wherein each entry has two rows - one empty and
the other with the data. Therefore even if you put it inside a table it
will come out as the rendering function makes it out to be.

If the board is the only thing you are using the tree tag for, you could
go through the code and change the calls to output() in the function
although I believe that it is unadvisable to do so. (the general
impression I have had is to let the default be as it is)

so it already does what you want... if it is a formatting thing, try
generating the DTML within the dtml-tree tags (via a PyScript or DTML
method) for e.g. in my case I do this:

<dtml-tree name=root branches=objectValues nowrap>
    <dtml-var "get_item_url( REQUEST.SESSION.get('id'), getId(),
hasChildNodes(), _['tree-item-url'], _['tree-item-expanded'])">
</dtml-tree>

This might not be the best way but does the work for me.

hth
AM