[Zope] Re: ref another file while adding file in ZMI

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 09:09:42 +0100

Patrick Price wrote:
> object, however it did not.  I thought it had.  Although it *will* take
> an argument for a File which does not exist (ZMI bug?).  I was not using
> the Browse button.

This has nothing to do with Zope ;-)

The File control is simply part of the HTML spec that lets a browser return a
binary file and it's path as part of an HTTP POST, if the form's enctype is
correctly set.

As such, that text box, and the 'Browse' button, are just your browser's way of
displaying a file control. if you don't like the way they work, write a new web
browser ;-)

cheers,

Chris