[Zope] DTMLFile, the mysterious animal

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 11:01:21 +0200

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Oliver Bleutgen writes:
>  > ...
>  > and now I get a TypeError, "object of type 'list' is not callable"
> Again!
>
>    Where is the traceback?

Dieter,
is this a bug that occured to you?
Unfortunately I didn't save the traceback, and I was not able to
reproduce it. Add to that the fact that my usage of DTMLFile was wrong,
but why this should have caused _that_ error is not clear to me.

What happend was that the method objectItems seemed not to be a method
when called in the file.
Before posting to this list I tried to debug what happend:

<dtml-var objectItems> returned the right list
<dtml-var "objectItems()"> gave the above error
<dtml-var "objectItems"> returned the right list!

After the last discovery, I gave up and posted here.
Seems like objectItems got overwritten by the result of the method with
the same name.

cheers,
oliver