[Zope] Re: Generic Content Object for use with Page Templates

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:51:06 +0200

Paul Winkler wrote:

>>Just replace _all_ of the standard skins with your own, and you are as
>>productive as with a zope python product, just much more flexible.
>

> hmmm.  OK, I'll look more closely at how to do what I want
> solely within CMF, and see if it looks like a win.
>
> Things like skins that are only available
> to certain roles, and skin layers that only apply in certain
> folders, and very precise control of what the content managers
> can and can't do. Can't have them deleting a folder that
> contains logic objects which they don't know are there...

Well, you still have the same security framework like you have in stock
zope, so use that to control who can do what. Then you just have to make
sure when writing your skins that people don't see knobs they are not
allowed to touch.

cheers,
oliver