[Zope] Generic Content Object for use with Page Templates

Tim Hicks tim@sitefusion.co.uk
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 12:47:21 +0100

> Tim Hicks wrote:
>
>  > STX - haven't used it but it looks like it could be handy.  Still, I
> want my
>  > users to be able to bash out some html when editing.
>
> have a look at StructuredDocument =>
http://www.zope.org/Members/mjablonski

This looks *very* cool.  Don't suppose you have a ZPT ready version?
Perhaps having a property on each object to tell it which zpt to try to
acquire would be useful?

>  > So, I think I'm left with Folders.  If I store my text as a property of
>  > Folder (and adjust my zpt to reflect this), I can have an
auto-presenting
>  > content object that doesn't require users to remember to slap the bread
>  > around their meat (if you know what I mean ;-) ).
>  >
>  > Are Folders the content object of choice in this case then, or am I
> missing
>  > something.  BTW, I'd rather not have to use objects that aren't
> bundled zope
>  > as I have to fight for every additional product that is installed.
>
> maybe you should look at AbracadabraObject =>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/mjablonski
>
> I will release an additional generic content object for Abracadbra next
> week... then your dreams will be fulfilled...;-)

Ooh ooh, tell me more :-).  What does this content object provide?

cheers,

tim