[Zope] Acquire Permission

Pankaj pankajdaga@excite.com
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 10:37:34 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everyone,

I have a small question. I hope someone can help me.

I have an interface to the security management screen in Zope from my product. Basically, I have created some mappinds of permissions and this form allows users to change the security settings from this form. It also has a checkbox for acquiring the permissions for a particular permission name (ex. view). Everything works very well.

However, I would like to show (if the acquire permission is checked), a sort of permission tree. Basically, just showing what permissions are acquired from what parent objects.

Anyone knows how to get the parent objects (from the top layer) and their permission settings from a page template or a python script.

I do not necessarily need a full code or something. A nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Sincerely,

Pankaj

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com