[Zope] dtml method calling a second dtml method: how?

rruth@computer.org rruth@computer.org
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:24:09 -0700

Yes, I am new to Zope ...

I am tring to use a Formulator form instead of the form generated by Z Search
Interface because I can easily validate the data returned by the Formulator
form before the query is sent to the MySQL database.

My problem:  when the submit button is pressed the "feedback" dtml method
calls Formulator and does validation.  If there are no errors I want this
"feedback" dtml method to call the "report" dtml method that was previously
generated by the Z Search Interface ...  but all I see is the raw "report"
code  ... not processed.

  How do I get one dtml-method to call a second dtml-method and have the dtml
in the second method processed?

The following, from the first, "feedback" dtml-method, does not work:
   <dtml-var expr="report">
 where "report" is the Id of the second dtml method.

Richard
rruth@computer.org