[Zope] Error: 'in ' requires character as left operand

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 22:37:51 +0200

Benjamin Eastwood writes:
 > I get this error whenever I click on the "Security" Tab at the Root
 > Folder. This happenened right after I created a new role, and saved my
 > changes.
Apparently, a string was saved when it should have been a sequence of strings.

I cannot tell you why.

   Maybe a name clash between your role and
   some property/object (but this is not very likely).
   What name does your new role has?

You can undo the transaction and then should be able to work
again.
 > Next thing I knew, no more getting to the security tab. When I

An alternative would be to patch "AccessControl/Role.py:106"
to catch and handle the TypeError appropriately.

I would go for the first solution.

 >      (Object: permission_settings)
 >    File C:\PROGRA~1\Zope\lib\python\AccessControl\Role.py, line 111, in
 > permission_settings
 >      (Object: Zope)
 >    File C:\PROGRA~1\Zope\lib\python\AccessControl\Role.py, line 106, in
 > <lambda>
 > TypeError: (see above)

Dieter