[Zope] Error: 'in ' requires character as left operand

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 19:10:58 +0200

Benjamin Eastwood writes:
 > thanks for your response! I'm still having the problem after undoing the
 > transaction, so I'm really confused now. worse than that, I then packed
 > the database, so no more undos... Oops.
When you pack, the previous state is safed in a file
called "Data.fs.old". Thus, you may go back.

However, I expect that the new role was not your problem.
I suspect a new product or a newly instantiated instance of
a product to be causing the problem. Then the problem would not be in
your ZODB but somewhere in the code base.

Maybe, you catch the exception in "AccessControl/Role.py: 106"
and print out the problem causing operands. This may give
a hint where the problem lies.

Dieter