[Zope] XML-RPC and cyrillic text in CP1251 and UTF-8

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 09:17:25 +0200

Dmitry Litovchenko writes:
 > ... Zope XML-RPC ...
 > The problems are:
 >
 > 1. Zope doesn't accept single parametered function calls, only zero or
 > two or more, single parameter calls always fail.
I did not (yet) try but I do not believe this:

  It looks like the Python "single element tuple" caveat, maybe,
  somewhere in your application code.

 > 2. Zope doesn't like UTF8-encoded XML request with parameter values
 > containing cyrillic text, I always get failure response from server, but
 > Zope likes UTF8-encoded response and passes its content correctly back
 > to my program.
Try "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8">".
This XML declatation should be the default, but Zope's XML-RPC library
might use "iso-8859-1" as default encoding.

Dieter