[Zope] 2.7 on dev.zope.org

Pieter Biemond prive pieterb@gewis.nl
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 18:52:24 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

Today, I found the page describing the 2.7 release
(http://dev.zope.org/Projects/) hidden somewhere on the dev.zope.org
website. It might be a good idea to link it directly from
http://dev.zope.org in order for more people to find it. I think
the dev.zope.org should also give a brief overview of the current
direction of the Zope releases.

I read the following: at
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/SupportPython22/VisionStatement

	"The intent is to release Zope 2.7 in parallel with Zope
	2.6. Zope 2.6 will provide new features for people who are
	unable to transition to Python 2.2 right away.

	Zope 2.7 is being driven by some specific business needs
	of several companies (not including Zope Corporation). For
	this reason, we would like to make Zope 2.7 available in
	August. It's possible that Zope 2.7 will be released before
	the release of Zope 2.6."

It might be a good idea to summarize that at http://dev.zope.org/

Some other remarks about that page:
- I couldn't find a way to only bug Brian about the page. Thats why
  I now email it to the whole community
- The footer contains: "(c) 2000, Digital Creations, Inc. All rights
  reserved", rather outdated ;)

Regards,

Pieter