[Zope] Crypt equivalent for Zope?

AM list_subscriber@neurobs.com
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 07:13:12 -0700

I have a simple product that does RC2 encryption and allows you to set a
key in the ZMI, + a page for testing stuff...

I can email the source to whoever needs it. It might not be the best
possible code but works quite well and quite fast for  keys upto 1K in
size. I havent tested more than that..

AM

Andy Dustman wrote:

>On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 13:57, Alec Munro wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>I'm storing users in Mysql, and doing custom authentication on them. I
>>want to know if Zope has access to the crypt function, or if there is
>>something equivalent that is preferred. Thanks.
>>

>I did some digging into this last night and discovered that Zope's
>password authentication function recognizes LDAP-style password encoding
>prefixes. For UNIX crypt password, use this in your SELECT:
>
>SELECT ..., CONCAT('{CRYPT}', passwd) AS password ...
>
>This is real easy to do with SimpleUserFolder (on zope.org). A couple Z
>SQL Methods and you are done.
>
>A couple other encodings are recognized (SHA, SHAA); see
>AccessControl/AuthEncoding.py for more details. I believe it is possible
>to add other encodings with your own products.
>
>n.b. I thought that LDAP's password encoding names were either
>lower-case or case-insensitive, but all the Zope encoding names are
>upper-case.

 Aseem Mohanty
 Neurobehavioral Systems Inc, 828 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
 (R) 510 7696011 (M) 510 3014871 (O) 510 5279231
 "I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and
  stopped right there!!"                        -- Steve Gonedes