[Zope] feature request: change permissions of selected objects

M HEYDTMANN M.HEYDTMANN@bham.ac.uk
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 05:30:08 GMT

Dear zope,

I would be grateful if somebody could help me with a
problem:

I want to be able to change the permissions of several zope
objects at the same time.

I am a medic and run a wiki under zope
(mathis.heydtmann.de/WikiLiver) which has some pages I want
my students to edit (I use the same Wiki as presentation
tool, as lecturenotes and as alternative of handouts).

But there are also some pages (for example drug dosages)
which I don't want people to edit. I have now about 100
pages which I want to write protect in that way.
An elegant solution would be being able to click on the
pages, then have a button at the botton (like the
one "rename") which leads to the normal Zope Security
display to set the permissions for all of the selected
pages.
(In my context a button for print selected pages would also
be useful.)

I suppose other people would like to do similar things and
I would be grateful if somebody could help me with it.

Thanks for your help.

Mathis