[Zope] dtml trees

Greg Conway greg@gmlnt.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:32:35 +0100

Hi all,

I've just found dtml-tree's, and have managed to get a list of categories
out of my database tabled together no problems.

This makes me wonder.... I have a Database with this structure....

Forms

  + Students

      + Student Certificates

          + Certificate Skills

(these are all tables with linked fields, so you can drill down through
these four items).

Is it possible to use a dtml-tree to join these items?

I presume the magic only works if the tree item links back on itself!

or is there a way to acheive this? Any pointers, before I spend hours trying
to acheive something that cannot be done, would be much appreciated!! I have
exhausted all the docs I can find on dtml-tree but have not found anything
yet :(

Regards,

Greg Conway,

This electronic transmission and any files attached to it are strictly
confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you are not
the intended addressee, you must not disclose, copy or take any action
in reliance of this transmission. If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify us by return and delete the same.
Further enquiries/returns can be posted to postmaster@gmlnt.com
Thank you.