[Zope] dtml-tree : branches-expr speed problem

AM list_subscriber@neurobs.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:49:58 -0700

Hi,

I have a tree node filtering function:

#################
root = context.pres_docs_core_files
obs = root.objectValues()
for ob in obs:
    if ob.getId() == 'examples' :
        obs.remove(ob)
return obs
##################

When I am testing this PyScript it does its work pretty quickly. But
when I call it from the dtml-tree tag, it just takes forever to render
the tree. It does render it but it takes of the order of 20-25 seconds
to do it.

Any ideas why??

Also if any one can tell me a better way of implementing the above
function (I have no idea how to use a lambda style function or a list
mapping function in Python) that would be great...

TIA
AM

 Aseem Mohanty
 Neurobehavioral Systems Inc, 828 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
 (R) 510 7696011 (M) 510 3014871 (O) 510 5279231
 "I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and
  stopped right there!!"                        -- Steve Gonedes