[Zope] do I need to get user's password?

Terry Hancock hancock@anansispaceworks.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:59:35 -0700

Hi,

I'm looking at implementing a very simple encrypted
password scheme, using SimpleUserFolder. The documentation
says I need to implement a function to return a user's
password.

But if I understand encryption at all, this is supposed
to be impossible.  What should I do? Return an empty
string? The hashed password?  What depends on this
capability?

Surely it doesn't need this to support logins, does it?

Also, should I expect any trouble with using SUF with
CookieCrumbler to get cookie-based authentication?

Otherwise, SUF looks pretty straightforward. Just
trying to make sure I understand what I'm doing. ;-D

Thanks,
Terry

Terry Hancock
hancock@anansispaceworks.com