[Zope] FTP login fail with VHM

Jaroslav Lukesh lsh@wo.cz
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:14:10 +0200

Hi all,

I have computer (W2k) that running Zope with VHM (simple virtual mode
without apache). If I have defined some mappings in that VHM, then FTP
login fails for any user (defined for subweb only) except superuser.
Console says that Login success that is curious.

VHM mappings:
LSH/www/www.k-net.cz
*.k-net.cz/www/www.k-net.cz

Zope runs on servers: w2k.sit.k-net.cz (web),  LSH.sit.k-net.cz
(development)

FTP clients are connects from w2k.sit.k-net.cz (MS terminal server) and
from LSH.sit.k-net.cz (local computer where I develop webs). Boths
connections on both servers fails.

If VHM mapping is empty, or when I running locally with filled mappings
(then LSH.sit.k-net.cz have name LSH only) without any network (dialup
only) then FTP login is OK.

FTP access is done via ftp://ip_address:8021/www/www.k-net.cz

What I am doing bad? It is caused by internal M$ DNS (it runnings on same
machine as Zope)?

Many thanks, J. Lukesh