[Zope] Re: Hosting zope in non-zope

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 23:12:39 +0300

dom lamp wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I read your email in zope org mailing list.
> In my opinion one of zopes drawbacks is public hosting.
> I am starting a project to build a framework for non-profit organizations.

What do you mean with that? You are going to build a framework that
lets nonprofits to build their sites to your Zope or what?

> I think zope would do a great job, but I have two problems:
> -non english language. i am "spanish based". So no product is in Spanish.

Well there are spanish Zope developers, possibly there could be some
work or help if they find your project interesting. Or atleast you
might find new friends who could guide you to sifferent directions.

> -lack of zope hosting in spanish. I have found linux-apache-python based
> hosting companies in Spain but not zope. Could you help me on how to
> install zope and what to ask them?

Well first of all you could ask if it is allowed to run zope at all.
If they allow cgis to be run, there is a good chance that Zope would
also be allowed. You can download the binary release and use that
really easily.

Ask how you could run Zope. Either with PCGI - or if they will compile
  FastCGI then use that. If - which is unlikely - they allow you run
Zope with Zserver then be happy with that and use rewrites and wirtual
host monster.

But ask first from the hosting company.

Hope this helps you atleast a bit.

-huima