[Zope] Zope + OpenURL

Eron Lloyd elloyd@lancaster.lib.pa.us
29 Aug 2002 17:57:05 -0400

I'm thinking about implementing (yet another ;-) a middleware solution
for our library system using Zope. The challenge is I need to pass
metadata from one web catalog to another (imagine adding books from
Amazon.com to a Barnes & Noble.com shopping cart). The system on the
recieving end provides for this capability using OpenURL
(http://library.caltech.edu/openurl/). I know I've heard of this before,
but have always overlooked it in favor of a more popular XML-RPC type
communication. Now that I'm taking the time to examine it, I see more
potential here than I originally assumed. Is anyone else familiar with
this spec? It seems the NISO has not yet made this an official standard,
as all that is available is lots of draft papers. It should solidify
over the next year or so, however. I'm always on the hunt for new things
to Zope-ify, and this might be a good one.

Cheers,

Eron

--
Eron Lloyd