[Zope] Making a Z Class and a Z Catalog get along - PropertyManager?

Edward Pollard pollej@uleth.ca
Mon, 02 Dec 2002 11:50:37 -0700

I've managed to succesfully create my Z Class product so that it enters
itself into the Z Catalog on creation. Hooray for me.

Now, the goal of this task I'm undertaking is to allow web pages to have
specific properties associated with them, and these properties are
automagically searchable. That is why I made the Z Class which is based
in PageTemplate, as it needs to behave pretty much like a page template,
but have two properties that are searchable.

Now, I've seen it mentioned in passing that the PropertyManager is not
catalog aware, and as such I'm not so surprised to learn that the
objects I create do not have their changes to their properies reflected
in the Catalog. Where I saw this mentioned was a post to the effect of
"Make sure you make PropertyManager catalog aware!"

How do I make PropertyManager catalog aware, and only aware for this
specific ZClass?

As a more general question: Can anyone direct me to some Zope resources
suitable for intermediate questions such as this? I have the Zope Book
in front of me, but that only covers the basics, and I can't find much
in the way of usefull information on Zope.org. (Or is that just me?)
Anything else out there so I don't have to wander around asking silly
questions?

Ed