[Zope] ZPublisher only solution ?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 23:57:29 +0100

Jessica Niewint writes:
 >   I worte an external method ReadFile (open, read ,close) to insert a file
 > to Zope (with :result=context.ReadFile(filepath)
 > container.manage_addProduct['OFSP'].manage_addFile(fileid,file=result,content_type='application/pdf'))
 > My problem is now if I insert an URL (because my file will be created
 > dynamically
This is not a sufficient reason to be forced to use an URL.

You need an URL (rather than a file name) when your file may
not be reachable from your server via the file system.

In this case, your file must be reachable via the URL.
This usually means, via a secondary server which can access
you file.

 > ) instead of an path  it does not work ... want can I do ?
Rethink, whether you really need URLs.

When you say "yes", whether you can ensure that your files
are accessible via an appropriate server (e.g. HTTP).

When you can, use "urllib" to access your files rather than
direct "open", "read", "close".

Dieter