[Zope] LocalFS and catalogs

Isokangas, Erik HTC/DE/FRA Erik.Isokangas@hochtief.de
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 09:50:04 +0100

Hi,

I'm struggling a bit with the product LocalFS and hoping someone can point
me in the right direction.

LocalFS installs and seems to work fine out-of-the-box.  However, I would
like to catalog each file (and contents of each file) in the file system
being served.  The properties of my LocalFS object has a "catalog" option
which claims to catalog files in the filesystem.  However, this doesn't seem
to do anything.

I'm using Zope 2.6.0 on Suse8.0 Linux.
I have a Zcatalog object installed with only two indices (fulltext,
keywords) - no metadata fields currently defined.

What is the process that LocalFS uses to catalog files in the filesystem?
How does LocalFS know which catalog, indices, metadata to use, etc.?

Thanks for your replies,

Erik Isokangas