[Zope] index_object() in CatalogPathAwareness

Thomas Guettler Thomas Guettler <thomas@thomas-guettler.de>
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 18:22:53 +0100

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 10:26:08PM +0100, Lennart Regebro wrote:
> From: "Casey Duncan" <casey@zope.com>
> > Except then it would be impossible to add CatalogAware objects with no
> > catalog, and the error would be pretty obscure to most users.
> >
> > Maybe it should write a BLATHER level entry to the log file instead.
>
> I wouldn't even go that far. I think the current behaviour is the most
> reasonable default, and for any non-trivial implementation you end up
> overriding index_object() anyway. :-)

Now I know this, too. It is one of the many magics I don't like about
Zope. Nevertheless Zope rocks. My boss asked my to write a little demo
today. It was done in some hours. This won't be possible with Cocoon,
Enhydra or PHP.

 Thomas

--
Thomas Guettler <guettli@thomas-guettler.de>