[Zope] Newbie ZClass confusion

Patrick Stinson ajole-1@gci.net
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 13:14:46 -0000

The following is a python constructor that I usually use. I call this
constructor from an html form that sets all of the new object's properties.
notice the 'ProductName' and 'ZClassName' (fill those in).

#board=context.manage_clone(container.messageBoardTemplate, id)

board=context.manage_addProduct['ProductName'].ZClassName.createInObjectMana
ger(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST)

board.propertysheets.common.manage_editProperties(REQUEST)

if REQUEST is not None:
   try: u=context.DestinationURL()
   except: u=REQUEST['URL1']
   REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect(u+'/manage_main?update_menu=1')

This will create a new object of the class you specified in the folder you
called it from.