[Zope] ZClass permissions

Patrick Stinson ajole-1@gci.net
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 09:41:29 -0000

to sum up, anonymous users can't do this:

manage_addProduct['SomePorduct'].SomeZClass

alternatives?

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of
Patrick Stinson
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 6:57 AM
To: zope
Subject: [Zope] ZClass permissions

why is it that an anonymous user is not granted access to the ZClasses in
product management? {dumb question, I'm sure].

Also, if I want an anonymous user to be able to add instances of Zclasses in
a folder with code like

<dtml-with
"manage_addProduct['PK_MessageBoard'].PK_Posting.createInObjectManager(REQUE
ST['id'], REQUEST)">
   <dtml-call "propertysheets.common.manage_editProperties(REQUEST)">
</dtml-with>

where I'm adding a PK_Posting from a PK_MessageBoard, what permissions do I
need to set. I still fail to understand the whole permissions/define
permissions dialogs....