[Zope] ZClass inheritancs:propertysheets

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 22:54:48 +0100

Patrick Stinson writes:
 > Am I now corrent in assuming that ZClasses do NOT inherit property fields
 > from their super-ZClasses?
No, you are not correct.
They inherit the property sheets and the instances inherit the properties.

However, the ZMI for the derived ZClass does not allow you to directly
manipulate the inherited property sheets.

 > if not, how do you access the inherited
 > propertysheets, instead of the actual property sheets.
In (Z) instances, you access them in the same way, i.e. the
access is independent of whether the property sheet is
defined in the ZClass or in an inherited ZClass.

Dieter