[Zope] vcXMLRPC with Zope?

Jim Washington jwashin@vt.edu
Thu, 05 Dec 2002 11:25:21 -0500

Hi

I had the same problem last week.  vcXMLRPC puts strings into a CDATA
section, which seems to be a problem.   I modified their
String.Prototype to look  like this:

String.prototype.toXMLRPC = function(){
    //<![CDATA[***your text here***]]>
    return "<string>" + this.replace(/</g, "&lt;").replace(/&/g,
"&amp;")+ "</string>"; //.replace(/</g, "&lt;").replace(/&/g, "&amp;")
}

and it seems to work OK with strings now.  They had the bit
commented-out, so I presume that some implementations prefer the CDATA
syntax.

-- Jim Washington