[Zope] vcXMLRPC with Zope?

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 12:26:12 -0500

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 12:01:44PM -0500, S Babu wrote:
> I had to setup vcXMLRPC to send data NOT embedded in CDATA sections as
> mentioned by Jim Washington. However, the final application is for
> tidying html source - so I need to use CDATA :-)

I fixed Zope's XML-RPC handler for Zope 2.6.0 to deal correctly with CDATA
sections (the libarary's SLowParser class didn;t handle them) *and* made
sure it would use Expat for faster responses.

On the whole 2.6 is far nicer to work with when you use vcXMLRPC, provided
you fix up the latter as well. The authors, unfortunately, have been very
unresposive to my patches. My changes were to the fault handling, preserving
the fault message as well as the fault code, and fixing a bug in their fault
handling that presumed a certian DOM structure.

--
Martijn Pieters