[Zope] class variable persistence question

AM list_subscriber@neurobs.com
Fri, 06 Dec 2002 17:18:46 -0800

Hi,

I am writing a custom user folder. In the product I have a config.py
file that has a number of parameters defined that are used all over the
place by other classes. These parameters specify some global variables,
that I would like to set when a new instance of the product is created.

If these parameters are preset then there is no problem at all, but that
makes my product a bit inflexible. If I could set them when the product
is instantiated, that would be great.

Can I set these parameters in the manage_add method and expect them to
persist for the life of the instance??

If not is there a work around for a situation like this??

TIA
AM

 Aseem Mohanty
 Neurobehavioral Systems Inc, 828 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
 (R) 510 7696011 (M) 510 3014871 (O) 510 5279231
 "I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and
  stopped right there!!"                        -- Steve Gonedes