[Zope] Apache+Zope=manage GUI gets screwed?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 19:51:02 +0100

Jokke Heikkil=E4 writes:
 > If you know how to solve this...
 >=20
 > I'm running Zope behind Apache and at the zope root there's a folder
 > "info" which holds the site under zope. The idea of my setup is that
 > anything else than http://www.kuva.fi/info/whatever is served from Apa=
che
 > and that .../info/whatever path comes from Zope. My httpd.conf looks l=
ike
 > this
 > **
 > ProxyPass /info/
 > http://www.kuva.fi:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.kuva.fi:80/VirtualHos=
tRoot/info/
 > ProxyPassReverse /info/=20
 > http://www.kuva.fi:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.kuva.fi:80/VirtualHos=
tRoot/info/
 > RewriteRule /info/.* =20
 > http://www.kuva.fi:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.kuva.fi:80/VirtualHos=
tRoot/info/
 > [R]
 > Redirect /index.html http://www.kuva.fi/info/
 > **
A small side note:

  you can live without the "ProxyPass" and "ProxyPassReverse" commands,
  when you use "[P]" instead of "[R]" for you rewrite rules.

 > Now this setup runs ok, but when I want to manage it, all the icons an=
 > css styles and that gets lost.
I can answer your question for the icons; maybe, this is true, too,
for style sheets and other static content:

    Zope places them in pseudo folders "p_" and "misc_".
    You need to tell Apache that it directs requests for "^/p_/.*"
    and "^/misc_/.*" also to Zope.

Dieter