[Zope] PageTemplates and Macros/Slots outside of Zope

Richard Jones rjones@ekit-inc.com
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 09:40:43 +1100

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002 8:44 am, Bill Anderson wrote:
> I am doing quite a but of work with mod_python these days. Being
> spoiled, I am using PageTemplates outside of Zope.  Basic usage is no
> problem. However, I am needing to start using macros/slots like I do in
> Zope.
>
> Has anyone tried this yet, or have any pointers, tips, pitfalls, etc?

I am using PageTemplates in the Roundup project. I removed several
Zope-specific parts (ExtensionClass / Acquisition stuff, mostly). It works
really nicely :)

  http://roundup.sf.net/

The big issue I had to deal with was how to present data to the templates. In
Zope, the data is (generally) well-organised already.

    Richard