[Zope] DTML w/o acquisition?

Terry Hancock hancock@anansispaceworks.com
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 21:59:32 -0800

Thanks again Chris!
On Monday 09 December 2002 05:12 pm, Chris McDonough wrote:
> A DTMLFile is an object that explicitly requires an acquisition context
> (for security).
>
> There is another class that you can import named HTMLFile (from the same
> place as DTMLFile) that I believe will do what you want to do.  It
> doesn't appear to require an acquisition context and it has roughly the
> same signature.

Yes, that works!  I guess I figured that HTMLFile() would differ by not
allowing DTML tags. The only difference in the signature is that the filename
doesn't automatically use the package_home(), so you have to do it explicitly.

I am now a happy hacker. :-D

> If this fails, you can use the DocumentTemplate.HTML class directly and
> just pass in "raw" DTML to its constructor.

Interesting to poke around in those modules.

Cheers,
Terry

"Some things are too important to be taken seriously"