[Zope] TAL that kills

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 09:33:22 -0500

Chris McDonough wrote:

>This is a pretty innocuous piece of TAL.  Does it continue to happen if
>you replace "container/docStore" with, for instance,
>"context/objectValues"?
>
>On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 17:30, David Bear wrote:
>

>>Interesting problem.  IN a ZPT the following TAL will always kill the Zserver processes.

>>  <a tal:attributes="href doc/getId"
>>     tal:content="doc/title_or_id">document </a>
>>
>>any idea why?
>>
>>This is Zope 2.5.1 running on python 2.1.1 on FreeBSD.
>>
>>I've done a littl tal and none of it has caused zope to die like this.

The problem here (if it hasn't been reported already) is a combination
of python 2.1.1 and FreeBSD.  You need to use Python 2.1.3 with a
stack-size increase patch to run Zope reliably on FreeBSD.  Python 2.1.1
is buggy with respect to a number of things that are exercised by TAL
and python scripts.

--
Matt Kromer
Zope Corporation  http://www.zope.com/