[Zope] How can I "export" objects without user interference

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 15:26:03 +0100

Hi Thomas,

--On Mittwoch, 11. Dezember 2002 15:04 +0100 Thomas Runge
<t.runge@newage-avkseg.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> Using "export", it seems to be easy to do a "backup" of content within
> Zope.
>
> But to do this, I have to log in (of course I have to supply user-name and
> password) before selecting my object to backup and selecting "Export". So
> I will have to do every "backup" manually...
>
> Is there any way to "script" this, so a backup can be done automatically?

Sure. But its more easy if you just copy your Data.fs(-es) to a save
place. This can be done online, e.g. without stopping Zope.
Most people do so with a simple cron job.

Regards
Tino