[Zope] WYSIWYG Editors for Zope?

Johan Carlsson [EasyPublisher] johanc@easypublisher.com
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 21:54:07 +0100

At 18:10 2002-12-11 +0000, Peter Bengtsson said:
>At 13:02 2002-12-11 -0500, Martijn Pieters wrote:
>>On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 09:04:47AM -0800, Bryan Capitano wrote:
>> > Is there a WYSIWYG html/text editor which can be plugged into Zope?
>> > Structured text is better than nothing, but most all commercial "big=
 boys"
>> > in CMS products provide WYSIWYG functioinality for the non-technical=
 types
>> > to create and maintain pages and content. I don't see anything like=20
>> this for
>> > Zope yet.
>
>It's called IEMethod.
>I fear that it is difficult to find on zope.org, but use a bit of google=20
>and note that the author is called johanc.

IEMethod is not supported or developed on in anyway.
Not by m anyway ;-) But there are several clones of my initial work out=
 there
so google on zope and wysiwyg would result in some hits.

Of course we have a Wysiwyg-editor Easy Publisher, but it is a whole CMS
with its own template system, not a generic WYSIWYG-editor.

Download a free personal (v .1.6) copy from: http://www.easypublisher.com
or ask me for an eval (v.1.7)

For more generic work the content editable feature of Internet Explorer is=
=20
quite
easy to use. And it shouldn't be hard to add some kind of generic editor
to a Zope-site (you would lack proper linking and image dialogs and table=20
support)
but for editing simple texts it would work fine.

You should also have a look at http://xopus.org/ who is developing a (open=
=20
source)
version of the IE content editable feature. They also have a commercial=
 editor,
which I doubt works with Zope ;-)

xopus.org's content editable patch has allot of features missing, but is a=
=20
rather
elegant example how well adaptable Mozilla is. (Compared to the monstrous=
 IE)

The Mozilla-team has a native content editable feature in the bugzila but=20
I'm not
sure when it's accually going to be implemented.

Regards,
Johan Carlsson

--=20
Torped Strategi och Kommunikation AB