[Zope] WYSIWYG Editors for Zope?

Peter Sabaini sabaini@inode.at
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 00:17:08 +0100

David Bear wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 01:02:56PM -0500, Martijn Pieters wrote:
>
>>On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 09:04:47AM -0800, Bryan Capitano wrote:
>>
>>>Is there a WYSIWYG html/text editor which can be plugged into Zope?
>>>Structured text is better than nothing, but most all commercial "big boys"
>>
>>You can either use WebDAV enabled editors (Go-Live or Dreamweaver both
>>support WebDAV), or use the ExternalEditor product to open objects for
>>editing in a WYSIWYG editor.
>>

> What happens when usings webDAV to edit structured documents?  Do you get the unrendered doc, or the full html?  I tried using the mickeysoft web folder and I got the rendered version -- so is there a way to get the plain form?

You can configure a "source port" where content won't get rendered.

To quote z2.py:

"""
   -W port

     The "WebDAV source" port.  If this is a dash (e.g. -w -), then
     "WebDAV source" is disabled.  The default is disabled.  Note that
     this feature is a workaround for the lack of "source-link" support
     in standard WebDAV clients.
"""

> Also, since I would rather use linux, I was hoping there was cadaver attachments to the kde file manager or emacs.  Current search yield nothing on the first, and 'not yet' on the second.

There used to be davfs (a mountable WebDAV filesystem) but somehow I
can't find it at the moment.  Before External Editor I used the EFS
package for XEmacs and it worked quite well; now I just use External
Editor with XEmacs in gnuserv mode which just rocks -- the perfect
combination of creating & configuring with the ZMI and editing (with
XEmacs / gnuclient).

have fun,
peter.