[Zope] WYSIWYG Editors for Zope?

Ria Marinussen marinus@cs.utwente.nl
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 17:00:07 +0100

Hi Brian,

>Is there a WYSIWYG html/text editor which can be plugged into Zope?
> Structured text is better than nothing, but most all
> commercial "big boys"
> in CMS products provide WYSIWYG functioinality for the
> non-technical types
> to create and maintain pages and content. I don't see
> anything like this for
> Zope yet.

when you mean a WYSIWYG editor to use in a browser, I can recommend ACE
(Advanced Content Editor).
It's available as html-component for use in IE5.5 and up.
Unfortunately it's not for free, but it's not too expensive (around 60
dollar at this moment, and I've gotten two upgrades already for free).
The license agreemant allows you to alter the source to match your demands
and you can use the editor in as many sites/pages as you want. The only
limitation is that the license if for one programmer to work with.

You can find it at: http://yusasp.com/prj04.asp

The examples that are provided with it are focused on asp and IIS, but it's
easy to implement in zope.

I can write a short how-to if you're interested.

Greetings,
Ria Marinussen
Webmaster Department of Computer Science
University of Twente
Enschede,  The Netherlands