[Zope] Query

Dean Matsueda dmatsueda@bsr.org
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:52:21 -0800

Great, thanks Paul & Nitin for your answers!

Cheers,
..dean

-----Original Message-----
From: Nitin Borwankar [mailto:nitin@borwankar.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 12:43 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] Query

Paul Winkler wrote:

>On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 06:16:23PM -0800, Dean Matsueda wrote:

[...]

>* any comparisons to Tomcat? or other Java-based frameworks?
>

>No. ;)
> =20

Yes :-))

Note I use both Zope and Tomcat so this is not based on religious
feelings.

Using Zope will allow you to focus on getting your work done without=20
having to wade through tons of  tutorials and docs
about the next Java API, SDK version security toolkit, ... all before=20
getting one page up. =20
You will get work done in 20-25% of the time with your mind feeling a=20
lot lighter. =20
The Zope database adapter and DTML support for SQL queries allows=20
powerful apps to be built rapidly and also maintained with much less
pain.

The only reason you would not use Zope and use Tomcat would be if there=20
was a corporate policy of using Java and J2EE and/or you had to be=20
tightly coupled into some existing Java application/platform. ( Loosely=20
coupled you can still do with Zope and XML messaging/SOAP).
That is the current reason I use Tomcat in some areas.

--=20
Statistics show that most people are in the majority, while fewer are in
the minority

Nitin Borwankar
nitin@borwankar.com